The Vintage Audio M72 is a 1272 style, dual channel, all discrete, Class A, transformer coupled preamp that is second to no reproduction. We use the finest parts and all of our years of research and modifications to develop the finest 1272 mic preamp.
The design has a number of modifications to lower the noise floor to modern standards and increase the gain to 55db.
The M72 is an all discrete, Transformer coupled, transistor based design that offers a Direct Input on both channels as well as Phantom, Phase, Pad and Impedance switching and loads of great tone.
The M72 is a dual stage preamp that offers fantastic headroom and a ton of character making them a favorite on guitars, vocals, you name it.
The two stages of amplification provide the user with 55db of gain at the output via the input control and the output trim.
The M72 also offers an impedance switch at the microphone input between 300 ohms and 1.2k. The variable impedance is really nice for Higher impendence microphones but works well as a color option as well.
The M72 uses Carnhill UK transformers to keep the sounds as close as is possible to the original with a wide open tone and warm whooly british texture.
They impart a thick footprint a make everything sound large and focused. People just love the M72 sound on vocals!
These beautiful Dual Channel Class A Hot Rod preamps are handmade here in our shop in the USA and are completely hand wired like all of our models.
Our M72 model comes with a full three year warranty and is built to the highest standard using the highest quality components.
• Direct inputs on both channels
• Remote Relay switched: pad, and phase for lower noise floor.
• Impedance switching between 300 and 1.2k ohms
• 48Volt phantom is on board for condensers and other studio microphones.
• Transformer coupled inputs and outputs.
• Original Carnhill input and output transformers.
• Variable output control that allow the user to adjust the amount of signal that hits the last stage of amplification and the output transformer.
• High quality Panasonic, Vishay and Wima parts for all PCB mounted components.
Each unit is new, hand assembled and wired and under-goes a grueling 24 hours of consistent audio pummeling for burn in and overall break in.
We understand that Audio is your business and is an investment. I have designed all of our preamps and compressors not only to sound second to none but to last for years and years to come.
These are handmade here in our shop in the USA by audio enthusiasts like you!
Because they are assembled by humans, not machines, it typically takes 3 business days to ship as they are built to order.
Free shipping inside the continental US, Add $25 for HI, PR
Contact us for a shipping quote if you are not inside the continental US.
MixMasterAudio.com: "I purchased these 1272 and your 1073 preamps and they are awesome! Great reproductions and well made!"
Premium components including:
• Vishay Dale resistors
• Panasonic FC capacitors
• Vishay, Ceramic Caps
• Handpicked Hfe Transistors
• Canare cabling
• Low Noise, conductive plastic potentiometers,
• Ed Anderson's Marinar Reproduction input and output transformers
• Superb Power supply filtering.
Auto Switching from 110-240v